Tragic accident in Jharkhand two sisters died after falling in hot tub of mid-day meal in government school
A major accident took place during the preparation of food for the mid-day scheme given to the students in a government school. Two girls died after falling into a tub full of hot rice water. This incident has come to light from the Palamu district of Jharkhand. Both the girls who died in the accident were sisters. The death of both has created chaos in the family.
With the aim of increasing the attendance of children in government schools, mid-day meals are provided. Under this scheme, food is prepared for the children in the school. But a major accident happened while preparing food for the children in the government school. Two girls died after rice cooked for the mid-day meal fell into a tub filled with hot water. This painful accident has come to the fore from the Tarhasi block under the Palamu district of Jharkhand. According to the information received, two girls were burnt to death after falling into a tub filled with hot rice water (maad) in a school here. Both the girls were sisters to each other. Both of them were admitted to RIMS located in Ranchi for treatment.
Younger sister Beauty Kumari died late on Tuesday evening and elder sister Shibu died on Wednesday morning. Both of them were daughters of local villagers Parmeshwar Sahu. The death of both girls in a span of a few hours has created chaos in the family.
It was told that on November 24, hot water (maad) of rice was kept in an open tub after the mid-day mill was built in Chhechani Middle School of Sellari Panchayat of Tarhsi block. An Anganwadi center also runs near this school. Both the girls who came to study here reached the school ground while playing and fell in the tub of hot mud.
Both were first admitted to MRMCH in Medininagar for treatment. Ranchi RIMS was brought here in view of his serious condition. The district administration had provided assistance of Rs 50,000 for his treatment.
Here, after this incident, Block Education Dissemination Officer Parmeshwar Saav removed the school's secretary-cum-principal Uma Devi from her post while doing show cause. Shobha Devi, the mid-day meal coordinator, and Kalo Devi and Savita Devi, the cooks, have been relieved of their duties. A preliminary investigation has revealed that the incident took place due to the negligence of the school management.