'Go First' flight to Maldives made emergency landing in Coimbatore due to 'smoke warning'
On Friday, a technical fault occurred in the engine of a Go First flight going from Bangalore to Male in the Maldives. An emergency landing had to be made in Coimbatore due to a smoke alarm. A total of 92 passengers were on board this plane. Everyone landed safely.
Incidents of emergency landings of Indian aircraft are not taking the name of less. It is reported that a Go First flight going to Male in the Maldives had to land at Coimbatore airport on Friday due to a 'smoke warning'. According to the information, 92 passengers were on board the flight. The pilot received a smoke warning while flying over the city of Tamil Nadu.
92 passengers on the Go First flight from Bangalore to Male in the Maldives made an emergency landing in Coimbatore due to a bad smoke alarm. Due to the sound of the alarm, the plane had to make an emergency landing at Coimbatore airport in a hurry. A GoFirst spokesperson said the plane took off at around 12 noon today. An hour later, the engine overheating warning bell started ringing.
As soon as the alarm sounded, the pilot immediately contacted Air Traffic Control seeking permission to land at the nearby Coimbatore airport. After this, the aircraft made an emergency landing. All the passengers got off safely. After which the entire flight was searched. Airport officials in Coimbatore said it was a 'fault alarm'. He said the engineers, after checking the engines, said that there was something wrong with the alarm and the plane was in perfect condition to take off.
Earlier on August 5, a bird collided with Go First's Varanasi to Mumbai flight, due to which a huge accident was avoided. Due to the bird's grip, he was made a safe land in Varanasi. The plane's radome was damaged in this incident. All the passengers were disembarked safely.